Dr. Paul Peterson and Dr. Kent Johnson, Dentist Park City Utah
Dr. Paul Peterson and Dr. Kent Johnson have an extraordinary commitment to providing their patients the very best dental care available. Because of this commitment Dr. Johnson spends up to 200 hours every year in continuing education courses, either as a participant or as a teacher. This allows him to offer some specialized types of treatments that a typical general dentist might not be comfortable with. This includes advanced bonding techniques, treating TMD conditions, IV sedation, advanced restorative procedures, bite correction, implants and Invisalign. He is also able to take care of the general dentistry needs that you might have. His patients benefit from his exceptional skills, 33 years of experience and a team ready to make your dental visit as comfortable as possible. Our office is located at 1840 Sun Peak Drive Suite B-101 Park City, UT. Call us at 435-658-0678. Park City dentist Dr. Kent Johnson offers a wide variety of restorative dentistry procedures to his patients. Restorative dentistry is performed to treat issues relating to the health and function of your teeth and smile.
Issues corrected by restorative dentistry include the treatment and repair of:
- Broken, damaged, or decayed teeth
- Missing teeth and any resulting shifting of remaining teeth
- Infected gums
- Damaged or infected tissue in your mouth
Restorative dentistry is also an ideal solution to treat neuromuscular dentistry issues related to the alignment of your jaw, such as TMJ/TMD treatment.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures
Dr. Paul Peterson and Dr. Kent Johnson offer the following restorative dentistry procedures to help you achieve optimal levels of oral health:
- Dental implants are an ideal solution to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are permanently inserted into your jaw and function as a replacement root as well, providing a durable, long lasting solution to your problem.
- Dental crowns are used to provide protection to severely damaged or decayed teeth. Dental crowns strengthen the tooth and reinforce the jaw.
- Neuromuscular dentistry Neuromuscular dentistry is a specialized area of dentistry which focuses on correcting alignment issues with your jaw and bite. Often, a misaligned jaw, regular teeth grinding, and other related issues can place a great deal of stress on your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) , resulting in a condition called temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). Neuromuscular dentistry can help alleviate the pain associated with TMD and realign your jaw in order to prevent the development of other associated oral health issues down the road.
- Full mouth reconstruction is performed when you are suffering from several severe oral health issues at once. Your full mouth reconstruction will help restore the health and function of your smile while providing an aesthetically pleasing result.
- Periodontal treatment is performed to restore the health of your gums when you suffer from gum disease. Depending on the severity of your condition, the doctor may recommend surgical or non-surgical options to treat swollen, tender, or bleeding gums.
- Superior Restorative Dentistry Services Dr. Johnson has been delivering exceptional restorative dentistry services for more than 30 years. He has been providing dental care to patients in the Park City, Utah area for over a decade now after practicing in Southern California for approximately 20 years.
In order to ensure that you receive the finest restorative dentistry treatments available, Dr. Johnson has devoted considerable time to continuing education. He attended the Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies (LVI) , the premier post-graduate cosmetic and restorative dentistry teaching facility in North America. He recently received his Mastership Award, a level that only a small handful of dentists have ever done and is the only dentist in Utah to have received it. For more than 14 years, Dr. Johnson has served as a clinical director at LVI, instructing elite dentists from around the world on the most advanced dental technologies and techniques. He has taught dentists from all over the world the advanced techniques and procedures he uses every day in his practice. Find us on Google+